8 Goals For 2018 | Blogmas Day 22

Friday, December 22, 2017



With the new year fast approaching it's time to have a little think about where I want the new year to take me and what I'd like to achieve in the next 365 days. I don't really like to think of it as resolutions as they're in no way set in stone but rather a expression of where I am at the moment. Either way you think of it, it's things - bigger ones and smaller ones - that I like to experience, see, learn, do, start, change and so on in 2018.



1. Finally take up a sports class. I don't mean go to the gym or do more home work outs or anything like that. I mean just actually enrolling in a class that I enjoy doing. I've been toying with the idea to sign up for an aerial yoga class for the longest time but never got round to actually making the effort of looking into what's on offer in my area. This will happen in 2018!

2. Make more time to see friends who don't live close by. 

3. Finish furnishing and decorating my flat. I think this is probably easiest to achieve as I'm constantly looking for and buying new things for the flat so that furniture wise I'm on a pretty good way to being done with my flat. Then comes the fun part of buying art and other pretty things to make it look more homely.

4. Travel to one place abroad that I've never been to. This hasn't got to be long haul or anything just somewhere new. I've been wanting to go to Sweden as well as Denmark and the Netherlands for absolute ages so I really want to make sure that 2018 is the year that I get to travel to at least one of these places. I might wanna see if I can get a booking in for my birthday.




5. On the topic of travelling. I'd like to spend more time in London this year. Just tiny little weekend trips would do. Get some shopping in, see some friends, eat all the street food, you know the drill. 

6. Keep up to date with the blog. I'm being honest with you guys I'm finding it hard at times to blog regularly while working full time in an office job 5 days a week. But making it through Blogmas has shown me that I can do it with the right mindset, motivation and A LOT of planning ahead. No, I won't be keeping up the a-post-a-day-scheme but I want to blog regularly and post at least once a week. I can do this!

7. Cook more often! I love to cook! I love trying new recipes and even creating my own but often when I come home after a long day at work I'm tired and unmotivated and the pull of the sofa is so strong that I end up just having a take out or a ready meal. This needs to stop! Nothing against the occasional ready meal or take out but the key word is occasional! I really want to make an effort to meal plan so that I don't need to think about what to make after coming home from work and so that I always have all I need in the house for the planned meals. This will also make food shopping so much more efficient.

8. Read more! I've already started to make an effort to change this a couple of months ago and managed to read quite a few books over the last weeks. However before that I read very little as I've been so preoccupied with moving and everything that I just didn't take the time to just sit down and read a few chapters. I will be better with this next year.




So that's my goals for 2018. Do you make yourself a list of goals for the new year too?

Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare