RhuBarbie - Birthday Cocktail

Tuesday, April 12, 2016



It's my birthday this week and I'm having friends over to celebrate so naturally there will be one or two drinks involved. I absolutely love cocktails and wanted to make a special Jess' birthday cocktail for the occasion, I came up with a rhubarb one that is not only seasonal but also damn delicious! You only need to prep the rhubarb juice/ syrup beforehand so that mixing the actual cocktail won't take no time at all when you're throwing that party. Let's get started!



For the juice you'll need:

🍓 300g rhubarb
🍓 4 big frozen strawberries
🍓 225g sugar
🍓 1 lemon, juice of
🍓 550ml water


Peel and chop your rhubarb into small chunks, then put it into a big pot together with all the other ingredients. Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. After it started boiling let it bubble away for 30 minutes before taking it off the heat. Now strain the mixture so that your left with only the liquid. Use the back of a spoon to get all the liquids out of the mushy fruit left in your strainer.

This juice will keep in a closed container in the fridge for about a week.





For the cocktail:

🍓 vodka
🍓 sparkling water
🍓 ice cubes / crushed ice
🍓 mint leaves

Fill the bottom of a small cocktail glass with the rhubarb juice, you'll need about as much as one finger width. Pour about 4cl of vodka on top (I don't like my cocktails all that strong but obviously you can experiment with this). Fill up the glass with sparkling water and garnish with ice cubes and mint leaves. Et voilà - here comes your RhuBarby!




Yay I just made up a cocktail and it tastes delicious! I normally use the rhubarb juice to make lemonade (just add sparkling water to a little bit of it!) and thought why not make it into an adult lemonade? I'm also probably not the first person to come up with 'rhubarbie' but I still feel proud of my creation :)  I hope you like this little cocktail and recreate the recipe at home - I promise you won't regret it! What's your favourite summery cocktail? Leave a comment and let me know :)



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. This sounds amazing! I'll definitely be trying it next time I've got the girls round :) x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you guys will love it! :) Have a great girls night in then :) xx

      Delete