Lips for Spring | Favourite Lipsticks

Tuesday, April 05, 2016


I'm typing this while the sun's shining through my window and the bird's are tweeting and it feels sooooo good to finally welcome spring! With the new season come new favourite colours as well as lipstick shades. I'm really into anything rosé coloured, subtle pink shades and blushed tones at the moment so expect to see a lot of that in this post. Not all of these are new purchases, on the contrary, most of these have been in my makeup stash for quite a while now and I only just rediscovered them last week when I had a big old makeup spring clean. So here's my favourite spring lip products:




KIKO 3D instant volume lipgloss in the shade 203

I'm not usually a lipgloss person but I make an exception for this one! It stays on the lips for absolute ages and even survives a crepe feast with your friends! That being said it does feel quite sticky on the lips which is why I usually stay away from lipglosses but it doesn't annoy me as much with this one. It makes my lips look a teeny tiny bit bigger and better than they are and it brings the faintest tint of rosé to my lips, which is exactly what I love in spring.



MAC Lustre finish in the shade SYRUP

A nice very subtle and inoffensive purple shade that goes well with literally everything! It's such a go to daytime shade for me that can be worn to both work or for a day out with friends. It's easy to apply, no mirror needed, which is good because you will need to reapply it quite a few time during the day as the lasting power of MAC lustre finish lipsticks isn't exactly great. But it fades nicely and doesn't leave weird contours so it really is no problem.



Maybelline colour sensational lipstick in 'coral fever'

With the warmer weather come the coral shades! This Maybelline lipstick is the perfect shade because it doesn't wash me out and works well with my skin tone. Other orange lip colours just look seriously scary on me! It's a bright colour but still not too in your face so really perfect for spring time.





Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 07 Nude-ist

This is one of the few lip tints I own and I love it. To be honest the smell of it is a little bit off-putting at first but it luckily vanishes quite quickly once the product has dried. It's super easy to apply, dries matte and stays on the lips for ages. It doesn't leave your lips feeling dry or dehydrated though, it actually still feels smooth and like you're wearing lip balm. The colour is this super pretty mauvey pink that I love at the moment whether it's a lipstick or a piece of clothing. 



MAC Matte finish in the shade Pink Plaid

This is a rather cold pink shade and if you full on apply it you're in for a veeeeery 90s look. But what I like to do is only lightly dab it on my lips for a more natural and warmer finish. I don't think I need to say anything about the lasting power of this one, you all know there's nothing like a MAC matte finish when it comes to that.



Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Colour in the shade 'Rosy'

Another one to only lightly dab on the lips if you ask me. This comes out bright pink on the lips if you really go to town with applying it, but I find when you dab it on your lips, maybe with some lip balm underneath it just gives the perfect light rose petal colour that just screams spring. The lasting power however is not so great with the Bobbi Brown sheer lip colours so you will need to reapply quite a bit with this one.






What are your favourite lip products for spring? Do you have any of these yourself? Leave me a comment and let me know.


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare