June Favourites | 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016



I've been a bit quiet on here as well as on social media this past month simply because I got a little overwhelmed by life. There was so much going on and by no means bad stuff, just lots of it and I feel like I've been on my feet, running around and doing things this entire month and I haven't had a chance to sit down and relax. But I'm back now and happy to share my favourites with you guys! And there are quite a few things I've been loving the past couple of weeks. So let's get into it..


LONDON!!


London is my favourite city! Nothing new there, but whenever I come back I have this sense of coming home. I guess after having lived in a city as vibrant as London you kinda can't not love it. I love how you always meet new and interesting and like minded people. I like how people are open minded and friendly (mostly..) and I love how old meets new and traditions work alongside modern life. London is a great place and whenever I've been there, whether it was to live there or simply to visit for a couple of days I always felt welcome and well looked after. Which is even more of a reason for me to feel very sad about the result of the recent EU referendum. I don't think that nationalism is EVER the better choice, I don't think that any country is better off fending for itself because I truly think that we are stronger together. I don't wanna turn this blog and the comment section into a political debate but I do want to let you know how I feel about topics like this and I sincerely hope that Europe stays strong and that this wasn't the start of something that could ruin our peaceful way of living together on this continent.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child


O to the M to the G! After months and months of waiting the 18th of June fiiiinally came around and it was time for me to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre in London. There are no words to describe my excitement about finally getting to see the 8th part of the story, to know what Harry, Ron and Hermione's lives have turned into and what great, great, great new adventure J.K. Rowling has come up with. AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! I will not tell you what the play is about, only that it is set 19 years after Harry, Ron and Hermione triumph over Voldemort and that it follows Harry's son Albus and his best friend on their adventures. For more, I'm afraid you will have to go and see it yourself or buy the book when it comes out. I recommend you do both! The play was everything I hoped it would be: an impeccable story, gripping, funny, dark and full of surprises. I will talk a bit more about it in another post on this blog next week so make sure you're subscribed so you don't miss it :) 

Lombagine Stippling Brush

This brush has completely transformed my makeup application process! I seem to be using much less foundation because this just blends foundation out so much more evenly and easily! It's amazing! It gives a flawless finish, no cakeyness, nothing! I will continue using this for the rest of my life I'm sure haha! And it was under a tenner too! Seriously great value! Can you tell I'm in love? :) 

Me Before You - the movie

I've been raving about the book in last month's favourites, so now it's time to share my love for the movie! While I was a bit disappointed about vast parts of the story simply missing in the film - and I'm talking like major parts, that really define the characters in the book - I still have to say it was a really good film. I love Emilia Clark, I think she's beautiful and a great actress and a perfect fit for the role of Louisa! Well and Sam Claflin, do I need to say more? Isn't he just the most beautiful man on earth?! Well he's definitely up there in the Top 10 eh? :) Anyway, as promised I found myself crying my eyes out in the cinema, which wasn't the least bit awkward because everybody else left with reddened eyes as well..  

Picnic with friends


Sometimes it doesn't take much to have the perfect day. Sometimes homemade sandwiches, mint tea and strawberries are quite enough. Especially when you enjoy them with a good friend, sitting on a picnic blanket on some green gras while the sun warms your skin. I'm so happy that the weather is finally treating as well enough to have picnics with friends. It makes me so happy to spend quality time with my besties out in the sun, enjoying some food and drink and talking about aaaaall the things. It also makes me realise that I have a lot of amazing people in my life, and that a bit of sunshine really lifts the mood a LOT. 

The Making of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London


You've probably seen my last post filled with about 1000 pictures of my time at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Leavesden, where I finally got to see the Making of Harry Potter. So I'm not gonna bore you with any more talk about it. It had to feature though, as I truly loved every minute of it and had the best time learning so many new and interesting things about the production. In case you haven't seen my post and are interested in some impressions from the set of Harry Potter click here.

Good old fruity Pimms


Oh Pimms, my old friend! My absolute favourite summer drink of all time yet so hard to get your hands on in Germany! So obviously I had to have some when I was over in London last week :) So me and my friend Rebecca went out for some deliciously fruity Pimms in Soho, where we enjoyed the early evening and the warm temperatures London treated us to that day. 

Embryolisse Eau de Beauté Rosamélis

Every year without fail when summer comes round I whip this one out. I keep it in the fridge and spray it on my face throughout the day to keep cool. It does wonders! It instantly refreshes my skin, makes it look plump and hydrated while at the same time smelling absolutely delicious and calming! It's on my shopping list already for next time I'm in France and pass by (aka make the trip to) a French pharmacie. The scent is composed of 4 flowers: rose, orange, hamamelis and cornflower and the spray works for all skin types. If you ever come across it where you live, pick it up! :)

Having MAC Mehr back in my lipstick collection

I don't know if I even talked about this on the blog but one of my all time favourite MAC lipsticks went missing on New Year's Eve of last year. That means I lost it without realising and nobody was able to find it afterwards. I was really sad that I lost it, which you might find weird seeing that it is 'only' a lipstick, but it was my favourite after all and they don't exactly come cheap either. So when I came through Duty Free at Stansted last week and had some pounds to spare I KNEW I had to get a new one or would regret it for the rest of my life (melodramatic much.. I know.. haha). And so now I have MAC Mehr back in my stash and I love it and can't stop wearing it to.. well.. any occasion (I see grocery shopping as an occasion too.. haha!)




So that's my list of this month's favourites. What are yours? Have you seen Me before You too? Or have you by any chance been to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child too? Leave me a comment so I'm in the know ;)



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare