Favourite Moisturising Lip Balms

Saturday, November 22, 2014



When I recently cleared out my make up collection I came across quite a few lip balms. I definitely own enough to last me for the next two years plus. So I thought I'd pick out my favourite ones and newest additions and share them with you today.



First of all I know there's a lot of Vaseline balms in here but I just bloody LOVE them alight? My favourite one is the Aloe Vera one because I feel like it really really nourishes the skin of my lips when I have problems with dry and chipped lips.


The Vaseline Classic in the blue tin works really good as well on a day to day basis but doesn't do quite as good a job as the green one at times of need (aka super dry lips). However I love to put this underneath lipsticks that otherwise dry out my lips because not only does it prevent that from happening but it also gives a nice glossy look to my lips and lets the colour of the lipstick go on super smoothly and sheer. Perfect if you want to make a bold colour day time appropriate (I love it in combination with Bobbi Brown's sheer lip colour in the shade 'Rosie' which I can find a little too full on at times..)


The Vaseline Rosy Lips balm is rather new to the collection. I love wearing this one, because it's smooth on my lips and gives a nice hue of colour without you having to add lipstick. Quickest way to make your make up look like you put some effort in if you're in a rush to get ready in the morning.
I also got this in a more travel friendly version as you can see. Sometimes when you're out and about all day, opening train doors, holding on to escalator hand rails and the like, the prospect of dipping your finger into your lip balm then putting it on your lips seems somewhat GROSS. This is for these occassions! 


The Labello Hydro Care does what it says on the tin. It hydrates the skin of your lips. I remember when I was little my mum would always use labello lip balms so it somehow brings back childhood memories and I keep finding myself checking out their new editions!


Last but not least, there's the Burt's Bees Ultra-Conditioning lip balm. I really like Burt's Bees products, they're hydrating without being sticky and they kinda smell nice too. This lip balm sinks into the skin rather quickly which does mean that you probably apply this more often than say the Vaseline (if you're anything like me that is..) However it does do a good job and I like it a lot!






So these are my favourite lip savers. If you can't tell already I'm a big fan of Vaseline lip balms! But what about you? Which balms help you out on dry-lips-days? 




Love,
Jess x


You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. I love vaseline too so it's okay haha. My other favorites are carmex and eos! Love 'em all :)

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! ;) Oh I've never tried either of them.. this has to change! Thanks for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete