Summer Reading List

Tuesday, August 05, 2014


It's that time of the year, those amazing two months off uni that leave you with all the freedom to spend your time (almost entirely) however you want to. Therefore it's also the time where I actually find time to read without the constant nagging feeling that there are more pressing matters to attend to. I have thus compiled a list of all the books I want to read this summer (some of them have already began to collect a layer of dust on my shelves).



1) City of Heavenly Fire - The Mortal Instruments #6 by Cassandra Clare
This is the last book of The Mortal Instruments series, which I began to read in January this year not even thinking I would like it much as it isn't the kind of book I would usually go for. But I was hooked from the first page of the first book! It's such a gripping story and it was hard having to wait a couple of months to finally read the final book and the final chapter! I actually already started on this one a couple of days ago and I'm already six hundred pages in, that's how good it is! 



2) NW - by Zadie Smith
A book set in London? Of course it's on my list of books to read! I love a good London-based story and this one I have heard only good things about! The reviews have made me wanna get my hands on it for ages now and finally I did. Can't wait to start reading this!


3) Inferno - by Dan Brown
Another one in Mr. Brown's series following Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon on his adventures through different cultures and myths. This time it's Florence, Italy and I hope this book is as gripping as the last one "The Lost Symbol" which I read within two days.


4-6) The Infernal Devices - # 1-3 by Cassandra Clare
Yes, after having read the entire Mortal Instruments series I can't help but want to stay in the world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders and what better way to do so then reading the prequel series namely "Clockwork Angel", "Clockwork Prince" and "Clockwork Princess"? Also I read that the prequel is set in London and as I said before that is often enough of a reason for me to pick up a book.


7) The Silkworm - Cormoran Strike #2 by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
This is old news by now but J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, wrote a crime novel under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith called "The Cuckoo's Calling. Despite all the negative reviews I actually quite enjoyed reading it and I'm thrilled that a second book in the Cormoran Strike series has come out last month. I'm excited to get this on the next trip to the bookstore.




This is it for my summer reading list. I'll let you know how I get on with it. Which books are on your lists? Do you make reading lists at all? Are there any books you think I might like that I haven't yet heard about? Please leave me a comment and tell me about it I would love to hear your suggestions as I'm always looking for new books to read.


Lots of love,
Jess

x

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. i'm so late on this one but i have the fault in our stars on my summer reading list, as well as the beginning of everything by robyn schneider, i'm a sucker for love stories :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read The Fault In Our Stars a while ago and really liked it! Do have tissues nearby tho! :) I haven't heard about the beginning of everything so just had a little look at the amazon website and it's now in my shopping basket haha.. thanks for the recommendation!!! :) xx

      Delete