Making Bread (super easy)

Friday, August 22, 2014




Hi guys! This last week has been a dreary one. Rainy cloudy days that feel more like October then August and make you wanna stay inside all day. On days like these I kind of always feel like baking and so I decided to make some super easy soda bread for a hearty family lunch. I came across this recipe on CIDER WITH ROSIE, a blog I absolutely adore! If you - like me - enjoy trying out new recipes and love a good lifestyle blog, you should definitely head over to Rosie's blog and subscribe, it's a good one! Anyways I thought I'd share with you how to make this super easy loaf of bread.





You'll need:

500g plain white flour
1 tsp table salt
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
400ml buttermilk



Place your baking tray in the oven and preheat to 200°C.

Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl and get rid of any lumps in the flour. 

Make a well in the centre of the flour and add in your buttermilk stirring while you do so. This gets harder the more buttermilk you add, as the dough will get quite sticky and I had to start kneading it with my hands to get all the flour in. 

With a little help of a dusting of flour, shape your dough into a round and place it on parchment paper. Take a wooden spoon and press the handle into the surface of the dough to make a cross on top. 

Then slide the parchment paper onto your preheated tray and bake for about 40 minutes til your bread has a nice golden brown crust.







See, super easy and super delicious! We made some tomato pesto and some wild garlic pesto to have on bread as well as some fresh tomatoes, peppers and cucumber from the garden. It was a feast!


Have fun making this!
Love,

Jess x

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare