Matcha Chai Latte | The Healthy Life

Thursday, March 10, 2016



Today I thought I'd let you guys in on my new favourite part of my lazy morning routine, which is sipping a matcha chai latte while making my way through my Bloglovin' news feed and my YouTube subscriptions. I always loved green tea and have been a matcha fan for quite a while now - you can check out my green tea ice cream recipe right here - so naturally when I came across this recipe in a local paper (!) I had to give it a go. Believe it or not but I never had one of Starbucks' infamous green tea lattes, nor have I ever been a fan of chai lattes, so really I wasn't at all sure if I was gonna like this, turns out: I don't just like it, I LOVE it! It's super easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients at home, so there's no excuse, you gotta try it! :-)



You'll need:

☕ 1 tsp matcha powder
☕ 230 ml milk (if you don't drink dairy this works well with almond milk too!)
☕ 1 tsp honey
☕ 1 pinch of cinnamon
☕ 1 pinch of ground cardamom
☕ 1 pinch of ground ginger
☕ 1 pinch of ground nutmeg

The rest is simple. Add 2 tbsp hot (NOT boiling) water to your matcha powder and stir until there's no more lumps. Mix your milk with the spices and the honey and warm the mixture on the stove. Once it's warm froth the milk, pour it into a glass and add in the matcha. It tastes best through a straw (and looks cute too!)



So this is it! Homemade matcha chai latte to die for :-) If you wanted a little twist on your morning cuppa of green tea you should give this a go. It obviously comes with a few more calories due to the milk but it's a delicious treat still packed with antioxidants from the matcha powder! Let me know if you try it yourself! I hope you like it just as much as I do! 


 
What's your favourite way to enjoy green tea? Leave me a comment to let me know :-)


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

4 Kommentare

  1. That looks and sounds delicious! I've never tried matcha before!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is delicious! And healthy too! What's not to love eh? :) Let me know if you give it a try! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be trying this in the morning, it sounds so yummy! I really like flavoured green teas, a gingerbread one is my favourite x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you liked it! Green teas are the best, delicious and good for you, YAY :) xx

      Delete