Coconut Rice Pudding | Vegan Recipe

Thursday, March 17, 2016


I'm coming at you with another recipe today! Rice pudding just reminds me of my childhood so much, so much nostalgia! So when I came across this recipe in one of my favourite cook books 'La Veganista', which is a German book full of amazing and super easy to make vegan recipes, I knew I had to share it with you guys! You can whip it up in no time, don't need many ingredients for it and leftovers will still taste amazing in tomorrow's lunch break. The coconut gives the whole thing the perfect exotic twist, which is exactly what I want now that the sun is coming out more often, the days are getting longer and the weather is starting to warm up. So let's get started shall we, here's what you'll need:




For the rice pudding:

🍒 125 g short-grain rice
🍒 400 ml coconut milk (that's 1 can)
🍒 3 tsp granulated sugar (you can easily swap this for honey or other alternatives)
🍒 vanilla extract to taste
🍒 250 ml almond milk (or other plant based)

For the toppings:

🍒 frozen berries for the sauce
🍒 fresh fruit/ berries




Add all your pudding ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a low heat and let simmer for 30 mins. Don't forget to stir ever so often, so the rice won't burn at the bottom of the pot.

Meanwhile heat the frozen berries until you have a sauce. I used blueberries.

After 30 minutes all the liquid should've been soaked up by the rice so that you have a proper rice pudding consistency. There you go, add it to a bowl and go wild with sauce and toppings. I used some raspberries and a kiwi that really needed to go :-)





See, easy peasy! And sooooooo delicious! Give this recipe a go and let me know how you liked it!



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. Omg that looks so good! I've never tried rice pudding before!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think it's time you give it a go then ;) It's so quick and easy and absolute comfort food :) xx

      Delete