January Favourites ♥

Friday, February 05, 2016



Hello my lovelies! It's favourites time once more! I haven't been doing one of these in quite a while but as I always love reading them on other blogs or watching them on YouTube I decided that this year will see me doing a full 12 months of favourites! I really hope you enjoy them as much as I do! And I really have been loving quite a few new and not-so-new things during the past 31 days. January is such a downer of a month usually that a lot of my favourites are about comfort (& things that don't require me to change out of my pyjamas on the weekends.. haha) - so let's get started shall we?



My new calendar

I am still SO in love with it, that I'm seriously disappointed if I have an appointment-free day and nothing to note down in this beauty. I saw this in John Lewis in like November I think and just knew that it was the one - yes I do have a thing with stationery that makes me talk about it like a loving girlfriend but hey ho. Is it just me or does it look very Kate Spade-esque without the price tag? Anyways this is from GO stationery London and cost me under £10, it's got a lovely week-to-view layout, enough space to write on, room for notes and birthdays and generally everything you need from your diary! It's also super light and fits in every handbag! I don't think I need to even mention how beautifully designed it is.. you can see the taupe and gold in the pictures.. and it's just as pretty in person - if not more so.. :-)


Hooty

I've had this little guy for a good two years now. He once was a Christmas present from my mum - and definitely one of the best ones ever! Don't be mistaken to think that this is just a cute little teddy - it's so much more! Hooty is filled with grains and lavender and can be heated up in the microwave for two minutes to help with tummy aches or cold feet and just generally to make getting into bed on these cold winter nights a lot more enjoyable. All the comfort of a hot water bottle without the fuss of having to pour boiling hot water into the thing trying not to scorch your hands and hoping for no leaking. If you don't have one, get one now! :-)




Daniel Wellington Sheffield watch

I got this from my dad late last year when I came back from England as a late graduation present (I did graduate from uni last summer..). I've been lusting over the Daniel Wellington watches for what feels like years but as a student I just couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a piece of jewellery so I just kept looking at them on the website thinking "One day, I'll get one". And that day came sooner than I thought! I got the Sheffield model in rose gold and boy it's pretty! It's also completely nickel-free in case you - like me - react with the worst rashes when getting in contact with nickel. It works perfectly, fits my wrist nicely (I was worried that it would look way to big on me seeing as my wrists look like the wrists of an approximately 7 year old..) and it's just all round perfect. I'm glad I'm finally the owner of a DW watch! :-)


thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray

Heaven bottled up! I have serious trouble going to sleep at night a lot of the time so when I saw this being sold on Amazon it just called my name. I didn't hope for much when I first got it, after all it's just a bit of lavender in a vapouriser, but it really is so calming! I can't say if I fall asleep much quicker than before but I know I'm way more relaxed in bed when I spray some of this on my pillow before lying down. I love the smell of it (I know - controversial.. my best friend thinks lavender is for old ladies haha) and just breathing this in makes me feel calm in a way that I'm usually not at night. I think if you're struggling with going to sleep, this may be well worth a try for you too!



Making a Murderer

Yes - everybody and their grandma have been talking about Making a Murderer but I still have to mention it! I started watching this in early January as I've heard good things about it and was in for a new Netflix addiction anyway and at first I wasn't that sure about it.. I'm not usually a documentary kind of girl, but this is so different from every documentary I have ever seen! So please, I urge you, don't be put off by the fact that this is no Hollywood drama, it's so much better than that! In case you live under a rock or have for other reasons not heard of the show before, I'm quickly gonna tell you what it's about. The 10 episodes follow the story of Steven Avery who in the 80s was wrongfully convicted for the rape of a young woman and served 18 years in prison for this crime, until new DNA evidence proved him innocent. Don't worry I haven't spoiled the story for you yet, we learn all of this in the first episode. The story then continues when Steven Avery, two years after his release, is suddenly accused of the murder of young Theresa Hallbach. We follow the court case, hear about all the crass mistakes that were made in this investigation until in the end we hear the court's ruling. I don't know if any TV show ever affected me in the same way as Making a Murderer has but as I sat watching it just made me so angry for all the injustice and whether Steve Avery is guilty or not I hope there will one day be some sort of evidence (like in his earlier conviction) that puts an end to the speculations.



Madeleine Shaw's Get the Glow

Another Christmas present! I wanted to get this book for the longest time now and am so glad that I can finally call it mine! There's loads of healthy recipes and little nutrition tips and tricks and the few meals I already made from this book were all absolutely DELICIOUS! Let me know if you would like to see some of my favourites here on the blog! You know I love a good recipe post so I'd be happy to :-)


Serial Season 2

Finally! I was waiting for season two of this podcast for a year now (you might remember me mentioning season one in my February Favourites last year) but I have to say I was really expecting season two to be a sequel to Adnan Syed's story.. and it's not. At first I was really disappointed and wasn't sure if I was even interested in the new story of US soldier Bergdahl who was captured by the Taliban while on duty in Afghanistan but what can I say.. ten minutes in and it got me hooked! I'm finding it so interesting to hear the story unfold and it's almost torture having to wait two weeks for the next episode now.. I should have waited for them all to be uploaded, waved my social life good bye and spend a weekend in bed listening to ALL the episodes.. but oh well.. ain't nobody got the patience for that either.. If you're interested in Bergdahl's story go and download the podcast, it's free and it's easy and it's so so good!



Eos lipbalm

I finally gave in to the hype and got myself one of the eos lipbalms! And let me tell you I don't regret it! (Don't say Jess, it's in your favourites..) It feels so good on the lips, makes my lips all soft and smooth and the mint feels super fresh as well. What's more, it smells divine and even if you (accidentally) lick your lips while wearing it, it tastes good too! So I get the hype now and this will probably not have been the last one I got. They are a bit on the pricey side it's true but they just work so well I feel like they're worth every penny!


Wohlfühltee tea

Aaaaand one more Christmas present, this time from my best friend! Everybody who knows me knows that I'm a bit of a tea addict and that I have quite the collection of teas from teashops all over the world, so my friend bought me a new addition to the growing collection with this 'Wohlfühltee' or 'wellbeing tea'. Oh it's divine! I'm usually not one for fruity teas (herbal tea all the way!) but this one really changed my mind! It contains hibiscus, apple and apple peel, liquorice, blackberry leaves, orange peel, pomegranate, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and cloves. It smells like such a winter tea with the cinnamon and cloves and it tastes so so good and not sour at all. If you live in Germany too, go and get this it's EVERYTHING!





Phew, that was a long one! What have you been loving this January? Leave me a comment and let me know :-)



Lots of Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. Loved Making a Murderer! At first I wasn't really into it as well but after like the 3rd episode or so I was hooked!

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so addictive! Looking for other shows like it but haven't found any yet haha.. :D xx

      Delete