L'Oréal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation | Review

Tuesday, September 29, 2015


I've been on the hunt for the perfect mattifying foundation for basically my entire teen+adult life. I said this before on this blog but my skin is rather oily and after spending an entire day running around the city my face tends to look a lot like freshly fried bacon (yes I am exaggerating.. but you get my point). So when I went into Boots a couple weeks back I just had to pick up the L'oréal Infallible 24H-Matte foundation! I've heard a few bloggers talk about it before either really really praising it or absolutely hating it so here I am telling you my thoughts on it :)


First time using it I was quite shocked by the really rather thick consistency of the product after I squeezed some out on my hand. As soon as I started applying it though I noticed that it's super blendable and definitely doesn't go on as thick as I would have thought, so I was super chuffed about that! I'm using the shade Rose Beige which is such a perfect match for my skin tone at the moment and I find that it gives just the right amount of coverage without looking cakey or fake.





So, so far so good, applying it was easy and I really liked the finished look but of course I was also hoping for something to last all day without turning into an oily sheen before completely disappearing from my face. And this foundation did just that! It really lasted an entire day without me having to powder my face again or anything. I like to use it in combination with my old favourite, the L'oréal Studio Secrets Professional loose powder (that's sadly been discontinued in Germany it seems.. I hope for better luck in the UK) and it just gives a perfect matte finish without looking dry and crumbly! But, and here's the amazing news, it even works for me without any powder to fix it with but the lasting power is just not the same.. goes strong for a couple of hours but definitely needs some mattifying then.




 
My verdict...
24 hours is probably a pretty bold statement. But then again.. who really wears their makeup for that long? It definitely keeps its promise of being mattifying for my normal 10-12 hours of makeup wearing a day so I'm super happy with it and will pick this up again as soon as I run out! L'oréal just know how to do foundation well I think :) So for all you oily skin sufferers out there, it's a good one, do give it a try and see if you like it too! And for 7.99£ it doesn't break the bank either ;)


Have you tried the L'oréal Infallible 24H-Matte foundation? What did you think? Or do you have any other mattifying favourites? Let me know in the comments I'm always on the lookout for great skin products! :)







Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare