YSL Black Opium | Fragrance Friday

Friday, May 08, 2015



Today I'm talking about the newest addition to my fragrance stash. I got YSL's Black Opium for my birthday back in April and I am soooo in love with it! As I am the worst when it comes to describing fragrances I'm just gonna tell you what's in the bottle:


 
Top Notes: pink pepper & orange blossom
Heart Notes: coffee & jasmine
Base Notes: vanilla, patchouli, cedar



The scent is quite heavy, so not your usual light weight spring scent, but I find it perfect for nights out as it kinda just smells sexy and sensual. Yves Saint Laurent describe it as their 'Rock Fragrance' and their 'most rebellious of all YSL feminine fragrances'. Also they say:

"The woman who wears this, follows her own path and does only what she loves. She's extravagant, restless and the perfect mixture of light and darkness. Nothing can stop her."


Well, that is one hell of a description. I mostly find these descriptions hilarious! I want to make it clear that I got this perfume because I love the intense, sexy scent of it and not because I woke up and found that I was the perfect mixture of light and darkness. Neither did I feel particularly extravagant on any occasion I wore this yet. 


This being said, it is the most gorgeous of scents, it makes you feel sexy (how often can I say sexy in one post? Count: 4..) and what's not to like about that eh? Also it's super long lasting! I was pleasantly surprised that I was still able to smell Black Opium on me even in the morning after a big night out. So a massive plus! Obviously it isn't exactly on the cheap side, but I always think that when it comes to fragrances it's better to have only a few expensive and therefore long lasting ones than loads and loads of cheaper ones that don't linger on your skin at all.












So:

If you like heavy, sexy (5..) and sensuous scents then you should definitely check this out! 





Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

6 Kommentare

  1. That quote for the description is one of the most captivating lines I've ever read haha! This sounds quite fancy and perfect for ballrooms. :) Thanks for sharing.

    THOUGHTS IN TIFFANY BLUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah right! Isn't it just like poetry?! Haha :D
      It would be absolutely perfect for a ballroom :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ou I JUST seen an ad on this perfume and thought it looked interesting! Now im really intrigued! I must go smell it.

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! But beware: Bring money when you go smell it because chances are you won't wanna leave without it ;)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've sampled this in store a few weeks back and have been after it ever since! It really is the perfect sultry and uplifting scent :) The bottle is gorgeous too!

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Everything about it is perfection :) Hope you can get your hands on it soon ;)
      xx

      Delete