3 Smoothies You Must Try | The Healthy Life

Monday, May 18, 2015



Yay! I'm back with yet another instalment of 'The Healthy Life'! Might this be the first series I actually stick with on this blog? Exciting times haha! Anyways, I really wanted to share some of my favourite smoothie recipes with you today as I get asked about them a lot in real life. I picked out three rather colourful ones I really like so there's hopefully something for everyone!

* Please note: I proudly named them all myself.. haha






The Very Berry Power Smoothie






For this you'll need:


  • assortment of frozen berries
  • almond milk
  • elderflower cordial (~2 tbsp)
  • chia seeds (~ 1 tsp)
  • some fresh berries for decor
  As with all of these you put all the ingredients in your blender til you get a smooth ice cream like consistency. Pour in your container of choice (I used a Kilner jar because I love them) and top with more almond milk and the fresh berries. It's delicious I promise! It's full of antioxidants, dairy free and it gives you all the power you need for a long day of work/studying or even working out!
 




The Your-Salad-But-Better Green Smoothie





For this you'll need:


  • mango
  • a handful of spinach
  • 1 banana
  • matcha powder (1/2 tsp)
  • coconut water (substitute with water if you don't like it)
 Again, blitz it all up in your blender and add as much coconut water as you like for the right consistency. Easy, healthy and real good too!





The Virgin Melon Cooler





For this you'll need:


  • honeydew melon (~ 1/4 of one)
  • water
  • mint

This is probably the easiest one of all of my smoothies! It takes literally no time at all and minimal ingredients. I love to make this when I'm craving something sweet but still wanna keep it healthy. And it really does work because it's super sweet without any added sugars! For me it's also the perfect post workout treat.





I hope this gave you some inspiration! Let me know if you try any of them and in case you have any favourite smoothies yourself, please leave me links to the recipes, I love finding new ideas to put my blender to good use! :) Thanks for reading guys!



Lots of Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. The Virgin Melon Cooler looks so refreshing and delicious! Need to try it ASAP.

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously can't recommend it enough haha! :) Defo a good one now that the temperatures are up.. it's so refreshing! x

      Delete