SEASONAL SYNOPSIS: AUTUMN # 3 - Beauty

Sunday, September 21, 2014



Welcome to the third part of my Seasonal Synopsis series. This time it's all about beauty! I picked a couple of my favourite beauty products for autumn and swatched them for you to see. So keep reading to find out what will be my beauty essentials for the next couple of months.



LIPS


Cutting Edge from Rimmel is a dark plum colour and my favourite for this time of the year.

Up there with my favourites is also Maybellines Moisture Extreme lipstick in Burgundy which is the best combination of vampy and sophisticated ever and rather long lasting considering it isn't a matte finish.

Another berry coloured favourite is Astor's lipcolour butter in Plump It which is not only super soft and hydrating on the lips but also smells incredibly good.

Not so out there but perfect when I go for a strong eye make up look is MAC's creamsheen lipstick in Pure Zen. It's that "Your lips but better" kinda colour and to be honest I'm loving this all year round not just in autumn..


NAILS



I said this before and I'll say it again but Essie's Wicked is the nicest autumnal nail polish shade out there and I urge you all to get it if you haven't already.

I also love this nice purple berry shade from Manhattan that has neither a name nor a number..

Another autumn favourite that's new in my collection is Essie's Stylenomics. It's a super nice dark green almost black colour and I think I will wear this a lot this autumn/winter.

A bit different and not as dark as the other polishes I mentioned so far is Maybelline's Super Stay Gel Nail Colour in Mauve On. It's a creamy, light purple shade that's a little more office friendly than the others.



EYES


In autumn I love brown smoky eyes or shimmery golden colours. I also enjoy a subtle bronze or red colour on the lids which work perfectly when you go all out with dark lipsticks.



FRAGRANCE


Autumn means I can bring out my trusty old friend Chanel N° 5. I know that this is a kind of love it or hate it fragrance and a lot of people think it's an old women's scent and something only they're great grandma would wear but I can only say if your great grandma wears this then she's got good taste! I don't know what it is about this perfume but it smells of happy memories to me and it will always be a stable in my collection.



So that's it for my autumn beauty picks. I hope you enjoyed this. Do you have any favourite beauty products for autumn? Let me know in the comments below! Until next week for the final instalment of my Seasonal Synopsis series which will be all about what I like to wear this autumn. A picture heavy outfit posts featuring some brand new additions to my wardrobe, so stay tuned for that :)


Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare