Autumn Love

Wednesday, September 13, 2017



It finally feels like autumn outside! It's windy and rainy and really quite grey but I just loooove it! I got out all the cosy knits already which is probably a bit premature but I don't even care - the excitement is real people! I wanted to put together a little list of things that I love about autumn and that make me feel my happiest. I don't claim this to be an extraordinarily creative, never-before-seen list of things but nevertheless it's what I love most about this most cosy and snuggly of seasons.


I said it before but I love chunky knits and cosy sweaters - with jeans, over dresses, any way I can make it work - and autumn is the season where I can finally crack out my selection again.

Lighting all the candles. I tend to light one scented candle along with lots and lots of little ones. Nothing makes your home more hygge than a good selection of candles. I'm currently obsessed with Yankee Candles' Vanilla Lime but will switch to something a little more autumnal as soon as I finished burning it.

Wearing boots! I love boots! In all the shapes and all the colours. And as autumn is the best season to wear them I'm gonna slowly go through my collection day by day.. as soon as there's snow it'll mean quite the restriction on what can comfortably be worn without either ruining the shoe or freezing off a toe so.. the time is now :)

Pumpkin everything! Pumpkin soup (like my fave butternut squash one), pumpkin cake, roasted pumpkin, pumpkin tart, you name it - I love it! Find my fave recipe for delicious spicy pumpkin muffins here, or make your own pumpkin spice latte with my recipe here.

Decorating the house. While we're kind of on the topic of pumpkins.. I love carving pumpkins and making a mean ol' Jack O'Lantern as well as getting creative with door wreaths and fairy lights and all the good stuff. I wish my new flat was fully furnished by now and everything would have it's place but well, I'm gonna make it look real homey anyways with lots of autumnal decor.

Snuggling up on the sofa with soft blankets (like my favourite from Dunnes Stores), a steaming cuppa, a slice of aforementioned pumpkin cake and a good book, while the rain is whipping on the window panes. Is there anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon in the autumn months?

Well maybe one thing: Going on long nature walks. Best done while wearing your wellies and a big snuggly scarf. Breathing in the cooler autumn air, enjoying all the colourful leaves covering the ground, the conkers falling and the winds blowing. Maybe finish your walk and go straight to number on this list :-)

Wearing a dark lip. Burgundy is forever one of my favourite colours and for sure my favourite shade of red. I love that in autumn it's finally acceptable to wear a darker lip once again. Also bringing out Essie's Wicked again, which is simply the most gorgeous browny red nail polish colour I ever have seen.

Watching scary films and all the Halloween classics as well as getting through all eight Harry Potter movies is an unspoken autumn rule isn't it?

Finally having cinema nights again. I love going to the cinema but I feel like in the summer, no one really bothers. Evenings are mostly spent outside, there's lots of little town festivals going on and generally there's not even really much on at the pictures if you wanted to go. But come autumn, all the interesting films are coming to cinemas and I will be going more regularly again. I'm already eagerly awaiting part two of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!





Well that's some of the things that get me most excited about autumn. How about you? Is autumn your favourite season too? What can't you wait to do now the weather gets colder?




Lots of Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

4 Kommentare

  1. Autumn is the best season and I will never stop saying that haha!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots, knits and pumpkin is definitely my favourite part of the Autumn

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete