My July in Retrospect | 2016

Sunday, August 07, 2016



So July eh? Like most months this year it has practically passed in the blink of an eye! I feel like in summer time passes even quicker, as there's always things going on, festivals to attend, BBQs to have, sun baths to take.. and well it's like they say: time flies when you're having fun!


The month started off with a really cool and emotional thing to do: wedding dress shopping with my best friend! It was so lovely to see her wearing all these gorgeous gowns and seeing her falling in love with THE dress. Which is absolutely gorgeous, she'll look like a fairytale princess on the day! Some tears were shed, but they were happy tears indeed! I felt very honoured to have been asked to come along together with my friend's mum and sister and I feel even more honoured to be her maid of honour haha! It will be a wild couple of months planning the wedding - especially planning her hen do, which I'm basically already doing, but it's also hard as I obviously want it to be 100 percent perfect and a weekend she'll never forget where she'll have all the fun humanly possible! :) 



July was also the month of the Euros 2016, or well one of the months haha. I enjoyed going out watching the matches with friends, supporting team Germany (as well as team Iceland haha!) and just generally having fun nights out like this. There's such a positive vibe in a pub that shows the footy with everyone getting involved. And even though Germany didn't make it to the finals we were all very happy for France to get through to the final match, being hosts and all. So yay to the footy :)



I also worked a lot this past month, early shifts, late shifts, new things to learn at my job. It was a busy time! But I still mostly enjoyed work, loving the fact that there was still so much daylight left even after coming home from a late shift. It really really motivates me to think that I can still sit in the garden and enjoy a nice glass of cold white wine watching the sun go down after work. Summer just makes life easier doesn't it (this from an autumn/winter lover haha!)?


Summer in Germany = beer fest time. There's little beer fests and wine fests and all kinds of festivals dotted around Bavaria in the summer months (the final one being Oktoberfest in the end of September I think) and they're a lovely way to hang out with friends, enjoy live music (or sometimes just be astounded by how bad the band actually is.. ) and just generally have fun. 




It was also a month filled with birthday parties and BBQs, the odd picnic and the plans to finally do that bike tour to the lake (which was then yet again cancelled due to the rain - the weather gods must truly hate us). And yeah all in all there's really nothing to complain about! I was a happy bunny in July and I'm looking forward to what new things August will bring.

What did you get up to this July? What were your highlights of the month? Leave me a comment and let me know :)


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. AWw so nice that you were made the maid of honour! :) You're going to have a blast planning everything out!

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very blessed to have been chosen as her maid of honour. And I'm loving all the planning :) x

      Delete