Mini Hazelnut Croissants | Vegan

Wednesday, January 12, 2022




Happy 2022!!! We all made it through another crazy pandemic year, I think that's an achievement in itself :) I have high hopes for this year, I optimistically got concert tickets and who knows maybe there'll even be a non-lockdown birthday on the cards for the first time since this all kicked off? I'm keeping my fingers crossed :) I decided to cook and bake almost exclusively vegan this month - a Veganuary of sorts - to see how easy it would be to incorporate more plant based options into my daily routine. So the recipe I'm sharing with you today is for vegan hazelnut croissants and I'm telling you now that if you made these for your family or friends without disclosing the "vegan" nobody would be able to tell. They are sooo delicious and really quite easy to make as well! So spoons at the ready, aprons on and let's get baking :)


Here's what you'll need:

150g plain flour
30g icing sugar
100g vegan butter or magarine
100g vegan cream cheese (I used Oatly plain spread)
50g ground hazelnuts
15g brown sugar
1tsp cinnamon







In a big mixing bowl, mix together the flour and the icing sugar. Add in the butter and the cheese and knead the dough until it forms a firm ball. Divide it in two and roll each half into a ball that you then wrap in cling film and put in the fridge to firm up more. Leave it in the fridge for at least two hours, else your dough will be really hard to work with.

In the meantime, mix together the hazelnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.

Preheat your oven to 200°C and line your baking tray, just before you take the dough out of the fridge.

On a flat surface sprinkle about half of the hazelnut mixture, then on top of this roll out each of the doughs into circles. Try to make sure, they are evenly rolled out, so that all sides have the same height. Sprinkle the rest of the hazelnut mix on top and try to get the whole thing covered with it on both sides. With a pastry scraper or a pizza wheel divide your dough into eight triangles each (just like you would cut a pizza :) ), so you end up with 16 croissants in the end.

To make your croissants simply roll the triangles starting at the long side, then bend them slightly to make little moon shapes before placing them on your lined baking tray.

Bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until slightly golden in colour.

Take them off the baking tray to cool down a little before digging in :)







Seriously you have to try these! Trust me! :)
If you do decide to make them and share your creations online, make sure you tag me @jessinretrospect



Are you doing Veganuary this year? Or are you already on a plant based diet? What are your tips for me? Leave me a comment and let me know :)







Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare