Fluffy Buttermilk & Blueberry Pancakes | Pancake Day 2018

Tuesday, February 13, 2018



After breaking with tradition and NOT posting a Pancake Day post last year I thought it was high time I got back on it and shared a new recipe with you. As is always the case, as soon as I cook a dish (no matter how often I've done it before) for the purpose of taking photos of it, it never ever looks as great as it does at other times?! Any of you other bloggers have that problem too? Boy it annoys me.


But anyways I wanted to share with you my recipe for fluffy buttermilk and blueberry pancakes today. Worry not, they taste much better than they look on my photos here haha! And they're quick and easy to make too. Here's how I made them:




You'll need:

25g butter (plus more for the pan)
2 eggs
200ml buttermilk
4tbsp caster sugar
150g white flour
pinch of salt
1tsp baking powder
250g blueberries (and some more for decorating!)


The rest is simple. Melt your butter, then mix all your wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Once you've got a smooth mixture, fold in your dry ingredients. Put the dough to the side and leave to soak for 15 minutes. In the meantime, wash your blueberries. 

Finally fold the berries into your dough as well and melt some butter in the pan, then pour one scoop of the mixture into the hot pan. Do as you do when making pancakes and there you have it, a small stack of about 5 - 7 pancakes!


I love how the blueberries burst in the heat of the pan, making these cute little pink spots in the pancakes and making it taste soooooo juicy and delicious! If you're still looking for a last minute pancake recipe for dinner tonight, this is it! :-)




Let me know if you try this at home! And maybe yours will even look a little more presentable than mine haha! Are you celebrating Pancake Day in or out today? Leave me a comment and let me know.



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare