Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt

Sunday, August 20, 2017



"Escape the everyday along the windswept shore.
Waves breaking white, the air fresh with sea salt and spray. Alive with the mineral scent of the rugged cliffs. Mingling with the woody earthiness of sage. Lively, spirited and totally joyful." - Jo Malone

Doesn't that read like a treat? I knew I wanted to pick this up as soon as I first heard about it. I mean rugged cliffs? Windswept shores? It's basically everything I ever want haha! I love a good stroll along the seaside, rough seas and harsh cliffs and fell in love with the British seaside when I first came to live in London. So yeah, I never even smelled it and yet I knew I would love it.




I finally picked it up in April, just before my trip to Ireland and consequently took it on holidays with me. Now whenever I wear it, it reminds me of that special time, which makes it even more of a favourite for me.

The notes in this perfume are ambrette seed, sea salt, sage, red algae and grapefruit and it smells positively divine, like nothing I ever owned perfume-wise. It wears very well too. It lingers on the skin for a long time, longer than other colognes I've tried. And another big plus, as with all other Jo Malone fragrances, it's easily combinable with other scents. I tried and paired it with Peony & Blush Suede, which I thought would never work, but which is actually super lovely. It gives it a certain sweetness that I quite like in combination with the salty, earthy notes in Wood Sage & Sea Salt. I've gotten so many compliments whenever I wear the two of them together that it kinda became my signature scent.




Have you tried Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt? What's your favourite Joe Malone scent? Leave me a comment and let me know :-)



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare