The Ireland Diaries | Visiting the Cliffs of Moher

Tuesday, May 23, 2017


Number one on my list of places to visit in Ireland was the Cliffs of Moher. I wanted to go there for the longest time so I was really really excited to finally get the chance and hop on a bus on Thursday to drive up to County Clare and see them "in the flesh". It also meant I had quite an early start on Thursday with my friend going back to work that day and me catching the bus at Patrick's Quay. 













I went with Paddywaggon tours who offer tours to lots of beautiful destinations all over Ireland. Our driver Freddy was real funny and took good care of us driving along scarily narrow roads that I personally wouldn't even want to drive a car on let alone a bus full of people! We learned a bit about Ireland too on the road and after picking up a couple more people in Limerick we arrived at the Cliffs like excited little kids. 












The weather was perfect - chilly because of the wind but no rain and a clear view of all the cliffs, no fog or anything! We were told that that's not always the case, that in fact it was quite lucky we had such a good view. I definitely didn't regret wearing my wind and water proof Derbe rain coat :-)










 
And the view was simply breathtaking! It was everything I imagined it to be and more! The wind made the waves crash against the rocks, the seagulls were crying overhead and everything was so green! I could have stayed for much longer just sitting there listening to the ocean and the seagulls and just taking in the view. However we left after a couple of hours to grab some lunch in a pub nearby then headed towards Galway Bay to visit the 'baby cliffs' in the Burren. I quite liked it there too! The rough, grey landscape with the view of the stormy bay was quite different to the rolling green hills and meadows at the Cliffs of Moher even though both places are real close to each other. We had a little wander around before getting back in the bus and heading to Bunratty Castle where we would snoop around the grounds of the castle and through many a gift shop too :-)


Have you ever been to the Cliffs of Moher? Have you seen the Burren? Leave me a comment to let me know what you thought :-)

Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare