My New Car | First Car

Monday, November 21, 2016


I've mentioned it before in a couple of posts, but a few weeks ago I fiiiiinally got my own car!!! Still feels unreal somehow.. I mean it took me a whole 9 years from getting my driving license to finally owning a car.. hardly normal haha! But I'm so so happy I can at last call myself a car owner and a proud one at that. Having moved to Munich it became even more necessary to get a car to be able to visit family and friends at home without the hassle of booking train tickets and finishing work on time to make it to the train station in time for said train - cause if you don't the next one will be in bit over 2 hours and ain't nobody got time for that!


Another big plus is being able to do the weekly shop and actually getting EVERYTHING on my shopping list without fear of buying more than I can carry. Oh the relief! Even though now my thoughts are constantly with my parking space at home and whether it will still be free when I get back from the shops - I guess you can't have it all eh?



 
My car, in case you were wondering, is this cute little VW Lupo. It's a tiny little car perfect for the city with enough space for everything I lug around with me. It's not a new car, far from (I don't think they still make them tbh.. haha), but there's no need for me to get a brand new car either, this one works just fine and it has seen a bit of this world already, a car with character therefore right? Haha you see I just love it no matter what.

So now I'm constantly cruising around the Autobahns of Bavaria, adding a couple more kilometres to the kilometre-count while listening to music on full blast and enjoying life. I've only had this car for 4 weeks now but I already can't imagine life without it.





 
Do you have your own car? Are you still waiting to invest in your first one? And did it take you as long as me to finally get one after passing your driving test? Probs not I know.. just checking.. :)
 


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. You made a great choice with that VW. We bought one about 5 years ago and we have never had a single issue with the car. Not only are they amazing on gas, they never need maintenance. The only thing we have done is change the oil and have new tires put on the car. I love your car color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a small car like that VW Lupo was a good idea. A single person such as you doesn't need anything bigger, and though gas prices are fairly low right now, you never know when they are going to go up. Having a gas sipper will save you money in the long run.

    Jon Max @ Dicks Hillsboro Hyundai

    ReplyDelete